Labeling is a feature that allows you to engrave a label on the surface of your model. It is possible to place several labels on one model.
Important: If your model has supports, they will be deleted during the labeling process. You will have to generate the supports anew after the label has been placed.
Notice: To fulfill the operation, open and select at least one 3D model!
How to Create a Label Manually?
1. Select a model on the platform.
You can only select one model at a time. If you have several models on the platform, you will need to create the label for each of them one by one.
2. Click the icon. The dialog box opens.
3. Enter the label text and click Place.
→ The label is placed onto the model.
After you have placed the label on your selected model, the unselected models on the platform are hidden and will remain hidden until the labeling is completed.
4. Configure your label: set the desired font size and engraving depth.
5. Click Apply.
If the label does not properly fit on the surface of the model, you will receive an error message. In this case, try the following solutions:
- Reduce the label font size.
- Move the platform to change the label location. To do so, press and hold the scroll-wheel on your mouse to move the platform in the desired direction. Moving the platform allows you to choose the right location for your label.
How to Create a Label Automatically?
Important: Special license is required to activate this feature.
The file name should look like this: Model_name$Label_text$.stl (Model_name - the file name of the 3D model; $Label_text$ - the text of the label wrapped in $ signs from both sides; .stl - the file extension).
Once the models with pre-defined labels are loaded in Envision One RP, the following window opens:
To start the automatic labeling process, proceed as follows:
1. Select a model from the list.
2. Select the font size of the label text from the Font size drop-down list.
3. Click Engrave or Emboss to apply the label on the model correspondingly.
4. Use the Prev and Next buttons to switch between the areas on the model in case the system has found more than one suitable area for the label placement.
5. Click Apply.
6. Click Confirm.
7. If there are more models with the predefined labels, go to the Labeling widget by clicking on the icon. Select the Auto tab and click Find and Replace. Proceed to the first step of this instruction.
How to Delete a Label?
To delete a label, proceed with one of the following actions:
1. Press <Ctrl>+<Z>, or
2. Click icon on the Actions Bar.