The Base Tools widget contains the following options:
Each of these functions is designed to work with the lower layers of the models.
When the model has no supports, it is placed directly on the platform. This might cause difficulties when detaching the printed details from the platform later.
The Channeling function comes in handy in such cases as it allows for generating special channels that serve as a safe zone between a model and the platform. Also, it makes it easier to remove the models with no baseplates or supports from the platform.
When Global Baseplate is enabled, Channeling is deactivated.
When Chamfer is enabled, Channeling can be applied as well.
To enable channeling in Envision One RP, proceed as follows:
1. Select a model.
2. Open the Base tools widget by pressing the icon.
3. Select the Channeling checkbox to enable the feature.
Notice: Channeling is applied only to the models without supports.
Tip: Using channels makes sense if the bottom parts of the models are not essential and do not comprise any detailed features.
The Chamfer feature bevels the edges of a model. This helps to quickly remove printed models without supports from the platform.
To enable chamfer in Envision One RP, proceed as follows:
1. Select a model.
2. Open the Base tools widget by clicking on the icon.
3. Select the Chamfer checkbox to enable the feature.
When Global Baseplate is enabled, Chamfer is deactivated.
When Channeling is enabled, Chamfer can be applied as well.
When there is a need to construct a global baseplate for all the models on the platform, this option is used.
To create a single baseplate for all models, proceed as follows:
- Open the Base tools widget.
- Select the Global baseplate checkbox.
- Set the needed value for the Thickness option to regulate the thickness of the baseplate.
- In case the baseplate needs to be solid, select the Perforation option.