- Digital calipers
- RFID material tag
- 3 mm Allen wrench
- Post-processing materials
- Home Position Calibration Cubes .stl file
- Home Position Calibration Worksheet .pdf
To check, modify, or fine-tune the printer’s home position, a Home Position Calibration Cubes.stl file is printed. The printer must be powered on for the duration of the home position calibration.
See Adjust Parallelism for instructions printing, measuring, and determining the adjustment required for the home position calibration.
Tip: Home position is the lowest point of the build platform along the Z-axis, it is the start position of the build platform for printing.
Important: Always remove the platform before taking the material tray out of the printer!
Failure to do so can result in material dripping down into or onto the printer causing failed builds and damaged equipment!
Adjust Home position
Important: Do not adjust Home Position until the printer is parallel.
1. Remove the platform from the printer and place it aside on a clean work surface.
2. Go to Settings > Move & Calibration > Home Calibration.
→ The following screen appears.
3. Press Move to Home.
→ The build platform holder moves down the Z-axis to the current home position.
4. Set the value of a step by tapping the – and + icons of Step Value. This is the increment used for the Motion Distance. The Step Value increments can be set to 0.01, 0.10, 1.00, and 10.00.
5. Set a motion distance of the platform by tapping the – and + icons of Motion Distance. This is the total distance the platform moves.
Tip: The positive values move the platform up; the negative values move the platform down. Tapping the Refresh icon resets the motion distance value to zero.
6. Reference the values from Adjust Parallelism section Measure to determine the new home position. The adjustment should be made based on the average height of the calibration cubes.
- If the average height measurement is below 4.90 mm, move the platform up tapping [Move] the required number of steps to reach 5.00 mm.
- If the average height measurement is above 5.10 mm move the platform down by pressing Move the required number of steps to reach 5.00 mm.
8. Set the motion distance to the required adjustment. Press Move to make the adjustment. Press Save.
→ The build platform holder starts moving up to the top of the Z-axis.
→ The new home position is set.