Uncured material must be removed from the surface of models before they can be post-cured. There are two recommended cleaning methods:
- Using the recommended parts washer, PWA 2000, and 99% IPA
- Using two lidded, plastic containers, 99% IPA, and a brush
The PWA 2000 has a removable washing container and three washing programs to speed up the cleaning process.
Important: Always wear nitrile gloves when handling uncured resin and 99% isopropyl alcohol.
Add Cleaning Agent
There are two recommended cleaning agents for the PWA 2000:
1. 99% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) – See the manufacturer for use and safety instructions.
2. PC1 – A non-carcinogenic, non-hazardous, non-flammable, ecofriendly alternative to IPA. PC1 must be diluted with water before using it in the PWA 2000. Use a ratio of 2 parts water to 1 part PC1.
Important: Do not store the cleaning agent in the PWA 2000 after use. Use the drainage spout to pour the cleaning agent into a separate storage container between uses.
When ready to begin a cleaning cycle, add the cleaning agent:
1. Open the washing compartment lid.
2. Lift the handle in order to raise the interior grate in the washing compartment to the highest position.
3. Pour 99% IPA into the washing compartment just below the grate while it is in the lifted position. This ensures you will not have to reach into the alcohol when retrieving models after washing.
4. Close the washing compartment lid and lock it in place.
5. Close the washing compartment lid and lock it in place.
6. Plug in the power cable to turn on the PWA 2000.