Time needed: Approximately five minutes to mix material, depending on the material + 15 minutes to empty and clean the material tray.
Maintenance frequency: Print-by-Print
- Protect material in the material tray from ambient light by keeping the hood closed.
- Mix the material in the material tray before each print using the rubber spatula from the Starter Kit. To do this:
- Lightly skim the spatula back and forth across the surface of the material in the tray.
- Mix carefully to avoid puncturing or tearing the film at the bottom of the material tray.
- Mix the material until it’s a completely uniform color.
- Check the material for solids or debris. If found, filter the material. To do this:
- Remove the material tray from the printer.
- Set the funnel and cone-shaped paint filter on top of a separate opaque storage bottle.
- Pour the material out by tipping a front corner of the tray.
- Use the material mixing card to assist in guiding the material into the filter.
- When finished, dispose of the filter and clean the funnel with a dry paper towel.
Note: For more specific information on handling a material, see the corresponding Safety Data Sheet.