How do I get my supports off?
All support removal is to be done BEFORE curing.
1. Use the X-Acto knife to snip off the tips of the support structures and be cautious when decreasing the tip thickness in the RP when adjusting OR
2. Use some small wire cutters to snip the supports. You can also send a little of the nubs off the model after you snip the supports off to easily get the model flat if needed.
Is there an easier way to get my models off the platform?
1. Hold the build plate against a wall and use your metal spatula to get the models pried off when using the baseplate enabled in the support structures. If you have a rubber mallet it helps a lot with working the models off.
2. Tap the model on the perimeter with the glass cleaner, a small boxcutter knife tool helps a lot with the separation of the edges of the model slightly tapping with a rubber mallet.
3. Separate the model with a box cutter knife. Going through with the metal putty at a shallow angle to the plate I’ll start the peeling from the build plate. One way to make sure you don’t have anything on your build plate is to clean your build plate off and run the knife putty at a shallow angle to the build plate.
4. Presoak the models in a tray for a couple of seconds.
5. Use compressed air to get the resin off the models.
6. If you have the cleaning apparatus, clean the models for the indicated times.
How long does my material tray last?
The lifetime of your material tray is specific to the number of prints you run or the time it is used. The material tray is a consumable with an approximate lifespan of up to 90 prints. To increase the life of your material tray empty the material tray as often as possible after a couple of days of use. Regularly a weekend of breathing time is ideal for a material tray to exceed the life span expected.
How do I get new material or order material?
Order materials from Desktop Health here. When you receive your material, you receive a new material tag that measures the amount of material your bottle has. Einstein material tags are the size of a credit card.
If you order new material you have not worked with before you NEED a new buildstyle specific to your printer. You can submit a support ticket via https://health.desktopmetal.com/dental-3d-printing/.
Important: When ordering materials, specify the serial number of your printer, and company name.
How long can I leave the material inside the material tray? How do I clean my material tray?
A good rule of thumb is to give the material tray some breathing time over the weekend. But the good practice is to mix the material in the tray with a silicone spatula every morning before printing if the material is left in the material tray. If you are not printing for a couple of days, its best to remove the material from the tray to prevent the material from getting any light exposure or getting any foreign objects (dust as an example.)
We also recommend straining the material into a new bottle to not cross-contaminate the material used with the new one. This preventative measure helps in case there is dust or foreign objects floating around the printer. After getting the material out, use the rubber spatula to squeeze the material off the tray into the bottle to decrease the waste of material. When the material is wiped off and strained, clean off the material tray with a paper towel. See Clean Material Tray Einstein Pro XL for details.
What kind of cone filters should I use?
The cone filters can be found at any home improvement store and the old material should be isolated from the new material to avoid possible cross-contamination. Always use dark bottles for the material.
What type of alcohol do I use? How do I clean my models? Can I soak my models?
The Alcohol/Isopropyl needed to print must be 99%. After cleaning the models with alcohol, use compressed air to dry them.
See Clean Printed Models Einstein Pro XL for details.
I cannot get the Manual Debris Removal off the material tray, what can I do?
Only touch the inside of the material tray clean dry paper towels, a gloved hand, or a rubber spatula. If you have trouble peeling the manual debris removal you should pour your material out into a clean container and attempt to remove the sheet of resin.
It is a difficult task but not impossible. It takes some practice to perfect with the material in the material tray.
Important: Damage to the material tray caused by the printer operator is not covered under warranty.