Desktop Health and exocad worked together to develop an additional tool for dental lab professionals. This collaboration allows customers of both companies to benefit from a streamlined digital workflow from the initial scan through the design phase and finally to 3D printing.
- Exocad’s exoprint is a tool for dental technicians that allows the development of their dentures in just a few clicks.
- Envision One RP is software that takes your 3D models and translates them into printable files for the 3D printer.
Simplify Your 3D Printing Experience
The steps dental lab technicians normally need to take to get the dental models printed:
- Scanning, designing, and saving an STL model.
- Launching the printer’s software.
- Importing the STL file into the printer’s software.
- Selecting material and other associated information.
- Rotating the model for optimal printing.
- Slicing the model into layers, adding supports, etc.
- Uploading the prepared file to the printer.
- Letting the printer do the rest of the job.
Envision One RP and exoprint integration simplifies the process dramatically.
From CAD to 3D Printing
Due to a seamless workflow between exoprint and Envision One RP, transition of your models from CAD to a printer requires much less effort. Your dental models and associated information can be passed directly from exoprint to Envision One RP using an open XML-based interface.
Take the following steps to transfer files from exoprint to Envision One RP:
- Prepare a project file or load an existing one to exoprint.
- Select the material configuration.
- Press the Envision One RP icon in the Actions menu.
- Select models to print.
- Press Proceed to Printing.
→ The models are automatically loaded and positioned in Envision One RP with all the associated parameters.